Programmes for Children and Families (organised in partnership with the Red Cross Vršac and numerous stakeholders within the Educational Tourism Cluster of Serbia:
Vršac is a town set beneath the tower – the Vršac hill, dominated by the tower built in the XV century, rises above. From the hill and the lookout tower one can clearly see the expanse of the Vršac vineyards. Baroque architecture of Vršac is recognized in the so-called “kibic fenster” or bay windows facing the streets, from which little misses discretely overlooked passersby.
Famous Vršac residents include Jovan Sterija Popović, a comediographer and the father of the Serbian drama, Paja Jovanović, a painter and a prominent representative of academic realism, and Vasko Popa, one of the greatest Serbian and international poets.
- Exploring Vršac strolling down the paths of Paja Jovanović and Jovan Sterija Popović (as a treasure hunt),
- Interacting with nature and the environment: orienteering programmes, hiking educational farm,
- Game paths: traditional and sports games, applied ecology – building and placing birdhouses, creating an environmental corner, spending time with horses, etc.,
- Diversity paths: special games and skills that include familiarisation with different languages, cultures and people that live in the area.
Other activities (in the area): active holidays and relaxation:
- Hiking and mount biking in the Vršac mountains,
- Scuba diving and sailing in the lakes of Bela Crkva,
- Tour of the “wine” village Gudurica,
- Biking through the Delibatska pešara down the Eurovelo 6 route,
- Eco-tours in Sušar and Staž.
- Bishop’s Residence“Vladičanski dvor“,
- Cathedral of St. Gerhar,
- “Pharmacy Under the Stairway” Museum (“Apoteka na stepenicama“) and paintings of Paja Jovanović,
- Town’s symbol – Vršac Tower.