Belogradchik and Danube wonders (Bulgaria)
• walking & culture off the beaten tourist path along the Danube
• Price: 560€ (group of 6-9); 460€ (group of 10-15)
1. Arrival in Sofia. Transfer to the hotel and sightseeing of the town. Overnight here.
2. Hiking in the western Balkan around the mount Kom. We visit the town of Berkovitsa and head for Tschiprovtsi.Overnight here. Hiking time: 3.30 hours, +500m / -450m
3. We get familiar with the local traditions, monastery and landscape and then we depart for Belogradchik, where we spend the next 3 nights. Hiking time: 4.30 hours, +450m / -450m
4. We spend the day in the area enjoying the old fortress, the exceptional natural formations and the Lepenitsa’s cave. Hiking time: 4.30 hours, +200m / -350m
5. We start with the Magurata’s cave. Later on we head for the Danube shore visiting medieval (XIV) Bulgarian fortress “Baba Vida”.
6. Natural park “Vratchanski Balkan”. We spend the following 2 nights in Pavolche’s village. Hiking time: 5.40 hours, +250m / -750m
7. Another day hiking in the natural park. The cultural highlight of the day is the medieval Cherepishki’s monastery. Hiking time: 4.30 hours, +100m / -550m
3. Price includes
• English – speaking tour leader
• 5 overnights in family run hotels and 2 nights in guesthouses
• 7 breakfasts and 7 dinners
• Transfers and drive